In this Workshop you will describe the following:
- The topic as your passion (my topic is Police brutality against African American males)
- Your topic as a research problem, purpose, and question as it stands right now (Create a research question pertaining to my topic)
- Challenges you are experiencing in developing a good research problem, purpose, and question (or, if you are happy with them, share the research problem, purpose and research question)
Use the “Litmus Test” document found in the Learning Resources to guide your self-reflection.
To prepare for this Workshop:
- Review the criteria outlined in the research “Litmus Test,” which can be found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the qualitative checklist for Chapters 1 through 3. You can find the appropriate checklist in the Learning Resources through the links to the PhD dissertation program and EdD doctoral study web pages, as applicable to your program.