Complete one of the following options. Note that in all of your assignments for this class, I do expect that you cite sources. These sources may be the readings/resources from the week or other sources from the U of P library. Citing sources and providing a reference list demonstrates what you are learning each week – which is one of our goals from college – to learn. My expectation is that you will cite and list 3-5 scholarly sources in each assignment, regardless of the format. This means that if there is an option such as a podcast, for example, you will submit a document with references and you will verbally cite your sources when speaking.
Option A: Art in Your Community
Experience the arts in your local community by attending a performance or visiting an art museum or gallery. If you go to an art museum or gallery, choose an exhibition or one piece of artwork to discuss for this assignment.
Write a review of your arts experience that includes a defense of the arts. Include the following:
- A description of the elements of composition—line, color, shape, or movement, theme, rhythm, tone, and so forth—that were incorporated into the performance or artwork
- What overall emotional and intellectual effect the performance or artwork had on you: the emotions you felt, what the experience made you think of
- A summary of how you would like to see the arts made more a part of your community
- Is there anything you can do to make this happen?
- How will you support the arts in the future?
- A defense of the arts that describes how it adds value to life: how creative expression might be helpful to people
Submit your assignment in one of the following formats:
- 1,050- to 1,400-word paper
MUST BE ORIGNAL !!