PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW
Many children face special issues that impact everyday life, whether it is within themselves, their families, or their environment. The PMHNP must be sensitive to these many issues that children and adolescents are faced with during important developmental years.
In this Discussion, you select a special population and analyze the psychological issues that the population faces. You also address the assessment and treatment needs of the population.
- Analyze psychological issues that may arise in children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate assessment measures used with children faced with special circumstances
- Evaluate treatment options used with children faced with special circumstances
- Analyze cultural influences on treatments (D)
To Prepare for the Discussion:
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Select one of the following topics for the Discussion:
- Foster care
- Gender dysphoria
- Forensic issues
- Impact of terrorism on children
- Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post.
- Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic.
- Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain why you selected this.
- Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved with your selected disorder.
- Explain how culture may influence treatment.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues who selected a topic other than the topic you selected. Provide at least two additional treatment strategies that could be used with this client and at least one additional cultural influence that you think should be considered. Explain your responses.