Please use the attached document and follow format – thank you!!!
Instroduction, Planning (1 page min. no more than 2 pages), Organizing (3 questions must be adress), Staffing 2-3 pages, APA with references.
You have volunteered to organize a fundraiser for your child’s school sports team to purchase new uniforms. For your event to be successful, you are responsible for all aspects of its management: staffing, planning, organizing, controlling, and leading. The general information known includes:
- You have a team of 15 volunteers willing to assist.
- $1,600.00 is the cost to purchase the uniforms.
- A local fire department has offered its picnic grove for use for free.
- Many local businesses (restaurants, bars, retail stores, etc.) have committed to donating goods or services to your event.
The school board has requested you submit a formal proposal detailing each of these aspects and how you will manage/lead the process to completion before they approve the event.
Part 1: APA format, Free of plagiarism, 2 scholarly references:
- Explain how the goods/services being donated will be collected and used for the fundraiser.
- Explain how you will utilize the location donated to you.
- Summarize how you are going to promote the event.
- Describe the process you will use to collect the revenue.
- State how you will present this process to the team of volunteers.
- Proposals should always start out with the “why” and “what.” Example, state why the need for the fundraiser and what you are fundraising for. Include your school name, the sports team that needs the funds, and how much money you need to raise. This should be your introductory paragraph.
- Be very specific in answering the direction questions. Example, describe what local businesses are going to help, explain what exactly each business will donate, and what you plan to do if you raise more than the cost of the uniforms, etc.
- In planning, you need to estimate how many people may attend your fundraiser. Why? Because you need to know how much food, tickets, prizes, etc., to better plan and be prepared.
- References should be on their own page at the end of the proposal with ‘References’ centered on the first line.
Remember to think strategically and use resources to support your information.
The second function of management to address is organizing. There are many moving parts to your fundraising event, and organizing them will be key to ensuring no resource gets missed or wasted.
Using the known information and the concepts learned in class, create and present your organizational structure in the second section of the proposal you began last week. You can use a template in Excel® titled organizational chart to visually show your organizational chart. You can create a chart in Excel® and take a screenshot and put it into your document. Then, below your organization chart, make sure you include the answers to the following questions:
- Explain who reports directly to you and why you selected them.
- Describe what their responsibilities will be.
- Explain who else they interact with and how they will interact.
Human resource planning is essential in any organization, even a volunteer one. While you will not be conducting formal interviews of your team members, you need to have at least a basic understanding of the job responsibilities so you can make decisions on where they will make the biggest impact. For this section of your proposal, you will present a breakdown of the following:
- Summarize the groups/teams you envision needing for your event.
- How many volunteers may be needed for each? Explain your reasoning.
- Describe how you plan to communicate with your team(s), including explanations of:
- how often you will communicate.
- what form(s) of communication you will use.