Part 1 – Create an 8 slide PowerPoint presentation on foundational concepts specific to physical security.
Part 2 – Write 4 pages detailing the framework for the design of an integrated data center.
Use the organization and characteristics, described in the Mega-Corp Case (Attached along with)
You have recently been hired as the CISO for Mega-Corp. You soon discover that the information assets of the various components of the organization have been allowed to develop as independent units, which has become increasingly expensive and inefficient. The board of directors has asked you to create a presentation for them to help them understand the concepts of physical security in general. They have also asked you to create a white paper that lays out a framework for your assignment, which is to design and construct an integrated data center which will be used to house all of Mega-Corp’s information assets.
Part 1 – Physical Security Overview
Create an 8–10 slide PowerPoint presentation in which you complete the following:
- Describe the components of a physical and environmental security policy.
- Describe the physical security controls, both technical and human, that are available for use in securing information assets.
- Evaluate the impact of overlap between traditional guns, gates, and guards with the physical security domain of information security.
- Explain the physical security related advantages and disadvantages of operating a centralized enterprise level data center.
Part 2 – Data Center Design
Write 3–5 pages in which you complete the following:
- Define the necessary components and principles involved in the process of a secure data center design and construction specific to the case study organization.
- Explain the concept of simplicity as a desirable characteristic in secure data center design and construction as a means of enhancing the existing environment within the case study organization.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length: 8–10 PowerPoint slides with detailed speaker’s notes where required; 3–5 page data center design.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.