Instructions for Assignment 3 – That Dragon, Cancer
Assignment 3 – That Dragon, Cancer
At age one, Joel Green was diagnosed with Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor (AT/RT), a fast-growing tumor of the brain and spinal cord. Surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy were used aggressively to treat Joel. These efforts extended his life span beyond what would normally be expected for a child with his condition. Even so, Joel died at age 5. His parents, Ryan and Amy, have since created a video game, That Dragon, Cancer , an immersive way to present their experience in loving, caring for, and struggling to help Joel.
Links to THAT DRAGON, CANCER
Imagine that Epicurus and Epictetus are in conversation with Ryan and Amy Green one day after Joel has been diagnosed with a recurrence of his AT/RT. What would each of these two philosophers say to the Greens? In what ways to you believe their advice might be helpful and might not be helpful?
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced IN apa format
- Assignments should be around 1000 words.