View the Transcript: “Family Related Issues: Family and Medical Leave Act” by clicking on the link in the course shell. There is also a link that will allow you to print the script of the video. Write a Three to Four (3-4) page report that answers the following:
- Explain if it matters that a parent literally had nothing to do with a biological child in order for the child to take advantage of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) to care for that parent.
- Explain whether the size of the business can have any effect on whether Tony is eligible for family leave under the FMLA.
- Explain whether Herman can or cannot imply that if Tony takes a leave of absence under the FMLA, he may not have a job when he returns.
- Describe who is covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993.
- Explain the extent to which an employer can make his or her own determination as to the eligibility of an employee under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- Type the question followed by your answer to the question.
- In addition to the four to five (2-3) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
NOTE: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.