1) Minimum 5 full pages (No word count per page) Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part.
Part 1: Minimum 4 pages
Part 3: minimum 1 page
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
Part 1: minimum 5 references nor older than 5 years
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Health Care in Children and Adolescents
Based upon current evidence-based research
1. Introduction (1/2 page)
1. Explain how cultural competence improves health outcomes (1 page).
Identify the differences between cultural awareness, cultural sensitivity, and cultural competence.
2. Discuss why geographic regions, such as Appalachia, are often associated with a particular culture.
3. For each factor, give an example of how a particular culture Cuban may affect the health and development of a pediatric patient (1 page).
a. Health Beliefs
b. Health Customs
c. Religious Beliefs
d. Dietary Customs
4. Conduct a brief cultural self-assessment that includes- Cuban (1 page):
a. What culture do you identify with?
b. How does your culture view diversity?
c. Explain the impact of your culture on healthcare decisions.
d. Explain how your culture views the dying process.
e. Are there any particular customs, foods, holidays, and beliefs that strongly represent your culture?
5. Conclusion (1/2 page)
Part 2: Health Care in Children and Adolescents
Culture affects our view of health, wellness, illness, and death. As a Primary Care Provider, it is essential you have some awareness of your patient’s and family’s culture. Studies have shown that incorporating cultural awareness and sensitivity significantly improves patient compliance.
1. How does this culture view health promotion and disease prevention (such as immunizations)?
2. How does this culture’s spiritual beliefs impact the view of health?
3. How does this culture affect your patient care?
b. Patient education
c. Anticipatory guidance
d. Treatments such as medications