Six months ago, Acme, Inc. received a patent on a drug that will provide immortality to all. Acme’s president has publicly stated he has no plans to market the drug. Beta, Inc. copies the drug and releases it on the market. Beta makes no profit on the sale of this drug and only charges enough to cover its costs in manufacturing.
Address the following:
1. Identify the intellectual property implications in this scenario.
2. Discuss how alternative dispute resolution applies.
3. Identify the ethical dilemma faced by Acme, and the dilemma faced by Beta. Use two theories of ethical thoughts to discuss the recommended course of action by both companies.
1. Write a 1500-2100 word essay using at least four credible sources, one of which is the assigned textbook in this class.
2. Your essay must be in APA 6th edition format, and include a title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
3. Please name your assignment file as ‘lastnamefirstinitial-Midterm.
4. Upon submission, your paper will be automatically submitted to Turnitin.
5. You are expected to submit your final version of your essay no later than midnight EST, Day
No more than 10% of your writing should consist of quotes from other sources.