Topic: A Disease that can be caused by poor nutrition, poor health, poor choices; Topics will be DIABETES
Content: The presentation needs to be on topic, relating to and including:
• The history of who “discovered” the disease, when, how, etc. (background information)
•Provide a comprehensive overview of the disease. Things to consider:
- Can a person inherit the disease? Be given the disease by another person? Or is it acquired by health choices?
- Discuss the onset. When does the disease show itself?
- Describe the symptoms of the disease. What physically occurs for the individual?
- Characterize the disease in terms of relevant statistics in the US as compared to globally.
- Examine the life expectancy for an individual with the disease. What is the longevity after diagnosis?
- Describe any social or cultural details trends specific to this disease. Does it affect certain groups of people more than others?
• Describe any current clinical trials and/or research being conducted by major researchers or pharmaceutical companies.
• Is there a potential solution? (cure, drugs, etc.)
Slides: Create a 13- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® or Prezi® presentation. Include a title slide, introduction, content, conclusion, and a references slide.
- Include relevant images, graphs, charts and media clips specific to your disease. Avoid overemphasis on Clip Art.
- Speaker notes in paragraph form that detail the implications of each slide are strongly encouraged.
Citations & References: a minimum of three references- the course text and two additional references.
All presentations must have a reference slide adhering to APA format. Relevant images should be included and cited.