Chapter 4: Discussion
“I just found out that my daughter is smoking crack I knew something was up, but never imagined it was this She has been living in complete filth, and neglecting my grandson I keep him for weeks at a time, when suddenly she will call, using him as a way of manipulating me If I don’t give her money, she won’t let me see him I have picked him up at her so-called friends houses; where he is being watched by strange men, that I know are drug dealers I don’t know how to even go about getting custody of the baby I love my daughter, but realize no matter what, I can’t help her ‘til she can admit she has a problem ”
• What would you do in this situation?
• Knowing that crack and cocaine do not have strong physical addictive properties, why does it seem like the withdrawal symptoms are so much worse than opiates?
• What forms of treatment are warranted for this situation?
Make sure to:
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 300 words.
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- Must research your topic and remember to cite your source(s). ALL INITIAL POST MUST HAVE AN APA FORMATTED REFERENCE SOURCE
- Do not plagiarize.
- You will not be able to edit your assignment once you post, so please proofread and spell check before hitting post!