Utilizing the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Firefighter Fatality Investigation and Prevention program (https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/index.htm) select a line of duty investigation and perform an analysis of that death that includes the following elements. This analysis should total (5–8) pages.
- Provide a brief summary (1–2 pages) of the case and circumstances.
- Identify/discuss 3–5 root causes that lead to the fatality. (1–2 pages)
- Identify any violations of laws or standards that may have occurred and explain why?
- Determine if this death was preventable or non-preventable and explain why?
- Do you believe that this department has any liability from this death and why or why not?
- If you were the chief of this department what remedial actions would you initiate? Describe at least three.