Question 1 (2 points)
In the needs assessment process, organizational analysis deals with identifying:
Question 1 options:
1) The training resources that are available.
2) Employees’ personal characteristics.
3) The conditions under which tasks are performed.
4) The employees who require training.
Question 2 (2 points)
Employees’ readiness for training includes identifying whether:
Question 2 options:
1) An organization’s work environment will facilitate learning and not interfere with performance.
2) An organization should develop training programs by itself or if it should buy them from a vendor or a consulting firm.
3) Peers’ and managers’ attitudes and behaviors toward the employees are supportive.
4) Managers are using a similar frame of reference when they evaluate associates using same competencies.
Question 3 (2 points)
____ refers to the process of a company using information about other companies’ training practices.
Question 3 options:
Question 4 (2 points)
_____ refers to asking a large group of employees to help provide information for needs assessment that they are not traditionally asked to do.
Question 4 options:
2) Historical data review
3) Focus group
Question 5 (2 points)
_____ are useful with complex or controversial issues that one person may be unable or unwilling to explore.
Question 5 options:
3) Focus groups
4) Historical data reviews
Question 6 (2 points)
Which of the following method of needs assessment is inexpensive and allows the collection of data from a large number of persons?
Question 6 options:
3) Focus group
Question 7 (2 points)
_____ are more concerned with how training may affect the attainment of financial goals for the particular units they supervise.
Question 7 options:
1) Operational workers
2) Instructional designers
3) Mid-level managers
4) Upper-level managers
Question 8 (2 points)
_____ analysis involves determining the appropriateness of training, given the company’s business strategy, its resources available for training, and support by managers and peers for training activities.
Question 8 options:
Question 9 (2 points)
_____ involves determining whether performance deficiencies result from lack of knowledge or skills.
Question 9 options:
1) Organizational analysis
2) Person analysis
3) Gap analysis
4) Task analysis
Question 10 (2 points)
Which of the following statements is true of needs assessment?
Question 10 options:
1) The needs assessment process fails to provide information regarding the outcomes that should be collected to evaluate training effectiveness.
2) Upper- and mid-level managers are excluded from getting involved in the needs assessment process.
3) The role of the needs assessment process is to determine if training is the appropriate solution.
4) A company’s decision regarding outsourcing its training is independent of the needs assessment outcome.
Question 11 (2 points)
Which of the following is true of roles of managers?
Question 11 options:
1) Line managers spend less time managing individual performance and developing employees than mid level managers or executives do.
2) Midlevel managers or executives are not involved in planning and allocating resources, coordinating interdependent groups, and managing change.
3) The roles that managers have in a company do not influence the focus of training development, and learning activity.
4) Regardless of their level in a company, all managers are expected to serve as spokespersons to other work units, managers, and vendors.
Question 12 (2 points)
The _____ analysis helps identify employees who need training.
Question 12 options:
1) SWOT analysis
2) Value chain analysis
3) BCG matrix
4) Person Analysis
Question 13 (2 points)
_____ refers to the difficulty level of written materials.
Question 13 options:
2) Cognitive Challenge
Question 14 (2 points)
____ is the ability to establish the necessary platform requirements to efficiently and completely coordinate data transfer.
Question 14 options:
1) Systems Architecture
2) Documentation Relay
4) Data Migration
Question 15 (2 points)
_____ refer to accepted standards of behaviors for work-group members.
Question 15 options:
4) Standards of Excellence
Question 16 (2 points)
Who should participate in needs assessment?
Question 16 options:
Question 17 (2 points)
How do age and generation impact training?
Question 17 options:
Question 18 (2 points)
What is the value of “Rapid Needs Assessment” to an organization?
Question 18 options:
Question 19 (2 points)
Explain “Situational Constraints”.
Question 19 options:
Question 20 (2 points)
What is a competency model?
Question 20 options: