- Trust represents a customer’s belief in the efficacy and reliability of a brand.
- Pleasure cruises and exotic vacations take advantage of which consumer behavior trend?
Active, busy lifestyles
- Which method of developing a marketing communications budget uses computer simulations to model the relationship between advertising and marketing communications and sales, profits, and other factors?
Objective and task
Meet the competition
- Individuals perform only one role in the buying center, but there can be more than one individual involved in any particular role.
- The marketing leaders of the New Orleans Saints football team developed an advertising campaign targeted at teenagers. This is an example of the demographic segmentation variable of:
- Coca-Cola runs the same advertisement in all French-speaking countries. This is an example of:
diversified IMC theme.
- Individuals within the buying center who shape the purchasing decision by providing information or criteria that should be used in evaluating alternatives are called deciders.
- When Domino’s Pizza sought to increase sales and return customers, one key tactic was to:
change the brand.
buy the largest competing pizza chain.
enter new markets.
- The process of creating television commercials, print ads, and retail coupons are examples of encoding.
- The competitive environment is now more:
- In the communication process, encoding is:
a purchase decision by a consumer.
a social media network.
a sales pitch recited by a salesperson.
the database manager finding a statistical oddity.
- Packaging and labeling products are part of the brand’s digital marketing program.
- When the Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort developed a marketing campaign aimed to attract business customers, institutions, and organizations that needed a location to hold 2- to 4-day conferences, the type of segmentation approach being used was:
type of business.
- Brand logos:
help with recall of advertisements and brands.
are unrelated to image but are related to positioning.
increase search time in product purchase decisions.
usually are inexpensive to develop.
- PRIZM is a company that specializes in which type of segmentation?
- If a company’s marketing team believes that offering a new product under the current brand name may adversely affect the current brand, the best approach would be to introduce the product as a:
- An individual’s age and social status largely determine the motivation to search for purchase alternatives.
- Advertising researchers want to understand reasons individuals select specific fashion trends. Which approach would be the best consumer-oriented research method to use?
- The higher the perceived benefit a consumer receives from an external search for information; the less likely he or she will be to spend time searching for information.
- Each of the following is an example of a customer contact point except:
a sales clerk at a retail store.
a brand’s website.
a brand’s Instagram page.
a friend who recommends a brand.
- A restaurant that advertises “the best food and best service in town” uses which form of positioning?
Use or application
- When developing a communications budget, the percentage of sales method is similar to the objective and task approach.
- To establish a strong brand image, a brand name must be prominently promoted in repetitious ads or it should be associated with one of the product’s benefits.
- Adaptation in a global advertising campaign means rewriting an advertisement to fit the nuances of a given language and culture.
- Many people respond to stress and hectic lifestyles through exciting adventures and personal pleasure pursuits.
- What a firm’s employees believe about a brand’s image is more important than what consumers think.
- The marketing director of the Houston Astros baseball team has developed an advertising campaign targeted at females. This is an example of the demographic segmentation variable of:
- Product positioning is the:
level of brand equity faced by a company or brand.
perception consumers have of a company or brand relative to other brands being offered by the company.
number and level of products offered by a company.
perception consumers have of a company or brand relative to competitors.
- When business travelers began to view Holiday Inn as outdated with old decor, the management team remodeled many properties and terminated contracts with proprietors that did not meet the new standards. This is an example of:
reinforcing the current image.
developing a new image.
rejuvenating an image.
changing an image.
- Brand parity is the:
perception that there are no real differences between major brands.
belief that all advertisers say essentially the same thing.
idea that brands are distinct and easy to identify.
feeling that most advertising is false.