Northouse, P. G. (2018). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
- Chapter 3: Engaging Strengths
- Chapter 4: Understanding Philosophy and Styles
- Chapter 5: Attending to Tasks and Relationships
Week 2 – Assignment
Three of the leaders profiled in Chapter 2 (Mother Teresa, Bill Gates, and Oprah Winfrey) have started foundations, schools, or other projects to support causes they believe in. Conduct online research of a favorite celebrity or professional athlete who has also set up a foundation or project for social good.
In your paper:
· Describe the foundation or project for social good.
· Discuss how the foundation reflects the personal values of the celebrity or athlete.
· Explain how the foundation or project is an example of leadership integrity.
· Describe how the foundation or project enhances the celebrity’s image.
· Describe whether integrity and image management are compatible.
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text. Wikipedia is NOT an acceptable source.
· Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.