Previously, you located and annotated resources for the final segment of a multi-year integrated case study that offers you the opportunity to apply the knowledge gained in the course to a real-world situation. In this assignment, you will read the case study with its supporting information, make business decisions related to the case, and suggest research needs that result from your interaction with the case.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to “MGT-830 Integrated Case Study” located in the Course Add-Ons for this course.
- Refer to the feedback provided by your instructor on your Topic 2 assignment.
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- This assignment requires that at least three scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included. Support for decisions should include appropriate current (within the last three years) or foundational, peer reviewed, and professional research.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Review the information in “MGT-830 Integrated Case Study.” This includes narrative information as well as financial and supporting documentation.
Consider the question presented in the case study, and formulate decisions based on the information and documentation in the case study. Support your decisions with appropriate current (within the last three years) or foundational, peer reviewed, and professional research including the instructor feedback from your Topic 2 assignment.
Write a paper (2,000-2,500 words) that addresses the case opportunities, expresses your decisions regarding the case opportunities, and integrates instructor feedback from your Topic 2 assignment. Create a separate topic heading for your response to each of the following questions as this will help you draft a concise and targeted response to each question. In your paper, include the following:
- A summary of the current environment as presented in the case. (Note: Information from the case study does not require a reference note or in-text citation.)
- A summary of the management opportunities inferred from the case. Integrate specific feedback from your instructor regarding your summary of the opportunities.
- A review of at least two viable strategic actions that address management opportunities inferred from the case and the supporting research and theories you presented in your Topic 2 assignment. Integrate specific feedback from your instructor regarding the proposed strategic actions. (Benchmarks C4.1: Apply theoretical foundations to address complex interconnected management issues.)
- A research-based discussion of the organizational structures required to implement each of the potential strategic actions. (Benchmarks C4.2: Propose organizational structures to achieve optimal organizational performance.)
- A research-based evaluation of the business analytics data required for the potential strategic actions you identified to lead to competitive advantage. (Benchmarks C4.3: Employ business analytics to gain competitive advantage.)
- A research-based evaluation of the change management strategies required to implement each of the potential strategic actions you identified. (Benchmarks C4.4: Propose change management strategies.)
- A research-supported discussion of the legal and ethical implications of each potential strategic action. (Benchmarks C4.5: Analyze the implications of law in business management.)
- Your research-supported recommendation for a strategic action to implement from the two potential actions you described and a rationale for the chosen recommendation. How does the recommended solution influence the long-term organizational health of Purple Cloud? Include a projected P/L statement with your recommendation.
- A discussion of future research that you could conduct relative to the data analytics opportunities you described.