Convince your local public library to offer self-serve kiosks so patrons can check their materials in and out.
- Write a proposal of not more than 650 words that evaluates the operational, technical, and economic feasibility of these kiosks.
- Draw use-case diagrams that illustrate how a patron would interact with the kiosk. These diagrams should illustrate all of the interactions in enough detail to derive functional requirements for the kiosk.
- Assume that all materials and library cards carry a unique bar code.
- The patron should have the option to receive a receipt for items checked in or out.
- Write sample instructions on how to use the kiosk. The library intends to post these instructions on a sign next to the kiosk, so they must be short (not more than 350 words), clear, complete, and well organized.
Your document must follow these formatting requirements:
- Follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Properly cite all sources.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- All charts and diagrams must be the student’s original work. They must be pasted into the document as neat, legible images.
- The cover page and the reference page do not count toward the assignment’s length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Outline a plan for the operational, technical, and economic feasibility of an information technology-based solution.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.