Literature Review for Lehman Brothers’ Bankruptcy Paper
Looking ahead to your Week 8 Assignment, please conduct preliminary research on the 2008 Lehman Brothers Bankruptcy and its various effects on world financial markets, business management, the credit crisis and individual wealth. Your research and resulting reviews should be based on five unique aspects and/or results of this event. You will then submit a Literature Review for each of the five resources. Completion of the Literature Reviews will prepare you for the Week 8 Assignment and will be used in your paper.
Create a Literature Review in which you:
- Locate and review five quality academic resources using the Strayer University Library (avoid using a Google search). Each resource should be based on a separate topic that addresses a unique or disparate effect of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.
- Prepare a brief 200-250 word review for each of the five resources you have chosen.
- Ensure that your reviews have clearly stated and focused themes.
- Ensure that your reviews contain a conclusion, recommendation or observation about the topic you selected.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Reviews must be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the concepts related to financial management and the financial environment.
- Examine the various alternatives to managing and mitigating business and financial risk with the use of forwards, futures, swaps, and options.
- Develop strategies to protect a firm from financial distress.
- Analyze the key concepts related to credit management.
- Examine effective processes related to short-term asset management.
- Examine financial management concepts in a not-for-profit environment.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in corporate finance.
- Write clearly and concisely about corporate finance using proper writing mechanics.
For more on Literature Reviews, please review the following websites. However, you are encouraged to find more resources to better understand the literature review concept.
Grading for the Literature Review assignment will be based on variety and quality of resources you select, logic / organization of the papers, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.