Please follow the instruction and rubric for this paper!!!
With careful planning, social studies in early childhood education can be a creative and interactive learning experience. Bringing good citizenship and history to life for students can help students engage in the social studies instruction and create a foundation for future social studies learning.
For this assignment, use the “COE Lesson Plan Template” to design a social studies lesson integrating technology and one other content area (literacy, mathematics, or the creative arts). Collaborate with your mentor teacher to select an appropriate state social studies standard, so you can teach this lesson in next week’s topic.
Include the following in the indicated sections of the lesson plan template:
- Lesson Summary and Focus: Describe how the lesson integrates the cultural background, personal knowledge, family, and community of young children into social studies lessons.
- State Learning Standards and Objectives: Select a social studies standard and ensure the objectives relate to the social studies standards.
- Academic Language: Include content-related, age appropriate vocabulary that expands students’ awareness of local and global issues .
- Multiple Means of Representation: Explain how instruction will be differentiated to support students with language development delays or challenges .
- Multiple Means of Engagement: How the lesson uses and develops cross-disciplinary skills in varied contexts .
- Multiple Means of Expression: Create developmentally-appropriate assessments and explain how they align to the content area standards and measure learning objectives.
Support your assignment with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment